Monday, August 4, 2014

Number Hops (Freebie Included)

Have you tried a Number Hop lately? Just something I've been working on. I've had a lot of requests for quick (10 minute) warm-ups for math. Since 2nd graders work so much with place value and they really need to become fluent with numbers, I created Number Hops for 2nd grade. 



Students begin with a target number and add or subtract their way to the final number. I encourage them to do this mentally by working with tens first, then with ones. It can be done as a whole group but students really like to work on them individually. Try it out with the freebie below. I have a months supply for 2nd graders in my TPT store. 3rd, 4th and 5th grade Number Hops coming soon!



Penny




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Premade Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio